We want to support our volunteers! Below you’ll find important attorney resources including policies, forms, sample documents and links to external resources. We also offer free training’s for attorneys. Click here to see what’s on the training calendar.
Is something missing from the page? Let us know by emailing Susan Francis.
Access the Volunteer Handbook to answer many commonly asked questions about being an MVLS Volunteer.
Case Update Forms
IF YOUR CASE IS CLOSED, COMPLETE THE CASE CLOSURE FORM (SEE BELOW), NOT THIS CASE UPDATE FORM. By clicking on the link below, you may access the case update form. Please complete the general case update form for all cases types except LITC (tax). You can send the form directly to MVLS staff by clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the form, or you may print the form and send it to the contact information listed at the end of the form.
- General Case Update Form
- LITC – IRS and State of Maryland Tax Case Update Form
- Judicare Case Update Form
Case Closure Forms
PLEASE ONLY USE THIS FORM IF YOUR CASE IS CLOSED. IF YOUR CASE IS STILL OPEN, COMPLETE THE CASE UPDATE FORM (SEE ABOVE). By clicking on the links below, you may access the case closure form. Please complete the general case closure form for all cases types except LITC (tax), judicare, foreclosure, IB4J, and Community Development Project. You can send the form directly to MVLS staff by clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the form, or you may print the form and send it to the contact information listed at the end of the form.
- General Case Closure Form
- Bankruptcy Bypass Program Closure Form
- Foreclosure Brief Advice Closure Form
- 1B4J Brief Advice Closure Form
- LITC – IRS and State of Maryland Tax Case Closure Form
- General Pro Bono Brief Advice Closure Form
- Judicare Case Closure Form
- Community Development Case Closure Form
- Foreclosure Closure Form
Update Volunteer Information
Changed your name? Moved offices? Switched jobs? Complete our attorney update form so we can keep our files up to date.
The links below contain packets of information for certain types of cases.
- Bankruptcy Bypass
- Tax – Attorney
- Tax – CPA
- Sample Representation Agreement
- Sample Representation Agreement (Spanish)
- Case Guidelines
- Statement in Support of Waiver of Prepaid Costs by Clerk
- Request for Final Waiver of Open Costs
- Sample Judicare Invoice
Litigation Fund Policy and Forms
- FY17 Litigation Fund Update Memo
- Litigation Fund Policy FY17
- Litigation Fund Request Form & Attachment A FY17 – fillable
- Litigation Fund Request Form & Attachment A FY17 – HC
Bankruptcy Attorney Resources:
- Application for the Waiver of the Chapter 7 Filing Fee for Individuals Who Cannot Pay the Filing Fee in Full or in Installments
- Application for Paying Filing Fee in Installments
- Bankruptcy Bypass Webinar
- Bankruptcy Software for MVLS Cases
- MSBA Ethics Committee Opinion – Ethics Docket 2015-05. Finding: “Limited scope no-asset Chapter 7 pro bono representation, with the proposed prescreening safeguards implemented and under the circumstances presented to us, does not create a Rule 1.7 conflict.”
Expungement Attorney Resources:
- MDExpungement.com determines expungement eligibility, pre-fills required forms and generates complete filings for attorneys to submit to the court
- Training Materials:
LITC Attorney Resources:
Foreclosure Attorney Resources:
- Request for Waiver of Filing Fee For Foreclosure Mediation
- Borrower’s Authorization
- Sample Hardship Letter