- This event has passed.
Amendments to CFPB RESPA and TILA Mortgage Servicing Regulations
November 29, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This training is co-hosted by the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC), Mid-Shore Pro Bono, and MVLS. Level – Intermediate – assumes familiarity with basic loss mitigation concepts. Attending this training is free, but requires the acceptance of a pro bono case over the next 6 months.
This training will be given by Diane Cipollone, Esq., a qualified expert on mortgage servicing and mortgage origination matters and consultant to the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) where she previously served as Director of Training. This webinar will provide a review of the amendments to the CFPB RESPA and TILA Mortgage Servicing Rules that became effective as of October 19, 2017 and April 19, 2018. The webinar will cover the Amendments and revised Official Bureau Interpretations relating to:
• Request for Information
• General Servicing Policies, Procedures and Requirements
• Notice of receipt of a “complete application”
• Responsibilities of servicers during and after a transfer of servicing
• Exceptions to the “Duplicate Request” Regulation
• Periodic statements to borrowers in bankruptcy
• Rights of successors-in-interest and notice regarding charged-off loans
• Practice Tips, Links to the Regulations and List of Regulations that provide a private right of action
If you would like additional training before or after this webinar, please refer to the foreclosure trainings hosted on the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland’s website here: https://probonomd.org/for-lawyers/training/