* You may find easier functionality on your desktop versus mobile device *
Following MVLS on LinkedIn
- To start, go to www.linkedin.com. If you already have an account, click the “Sign In” button at the top right of the webpage.
- If you’re new to LinkedIn, fill out the information in the center box and then click the “Join Now” button.
3. Follow the prompts and fill out the information LinkedIn asks for, such as your contact information and your work history.
4. Once you have either signed in or created a LinkedIn account, go to the search bar up in the top left corner of your screen. Type in “Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
5. MVLS will come up as an option with our logo next to it. Click this result and you will arrive at the page shown below. Next, just click the “Follow” button. Now you are following MVLS on LinkedIn and can see our posts and engage and connect with other LinkedIn members who follow this page.
Liking MVLS Content on LinkedIn
- Once you are logged in and have followed the MVLS page, you can view the posts that we’ve put up by scrolling down twice. Our posts are below the sub-heading “Recent updates.” Below the post, there’s a small bar with Like, Comment, and Share options. If you click the little thumbs up sign with “Like,” you will then have liked that post.
2. After clicking the Like button, it will turn blue, notifying you that you’ve liked this post. If you click the Comment button, a small dialogue box will open. Anything that you comment on will then be seen by anyone who views this post or MVLS’s LinkedIn page. Clicking the Share button allows you to share that specific post on your own LinkedIn profile with your whole network.
How to Add Your MVLS Experience to Your Own LinkedIn Profile
1. To edit your own work and volunteer experience on your LinkedIn page, go to the top of your toolbar, next to Notifications. There is a little circle with your photo in it (or it could be blank if you haven’t added a photo yet) and click the little drop-down menu under “Me.”
2. Once you’ve clicked on “Me,” a little menu will appear. Click on “View Profile,” below where your name and photo are in the drop-down.
3. Now you should be looking at your own profile. There’s a blue bar on the right hand side of the screen that says “Add new profile section.” Click this option.
4. You can choose where you would like to add your MVLS experience. If you’ve worked at MVLS, you can add it to your work experience, or if you’re a volunteer, you can add it to your volunteer experience. You should determine where your MVLS experience would make the most sense and click the corresponding category.
5. A screen like this will pop up next. When you are typing in MVLS into the Company field, there is a responsive drop-down that will pop up with suggested organizations. When MVLS pops up with our logo in the drop-down, click this option so that now this experience will be linked with the MVLS LinkedIn page. That way, if someone sees your experience and wants to learn more, they can click on MVLS and visit our LinkedIn page, too. Once you’ve entered all of your information, click the blue “Save” button at the bottom right corner of the box.
6. Now if you scroll down on your own profile after you’ve hit the Save button, you’ll see your experience with MVLS in whichever category you added it to. For me, it shows up under work experience.