*Updated April 27, 2020*
We continue to keep families around the globe impacted by the coronavirus in our hearts.
The first and most important one is that we are still here for you!
MVLS continues to accept new cases through our online intake (https://mvlslaw.org/get-legal-help/) and through our phone intake lines – (410) 547-6537 or (800) 510-0050 Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – Noon. Our physical office will remain closed through Friday, June 5.
Updates For Clients
- With the Maryland state courts system closed March 16 – June 5, clients should reach out to their court (court directory) to receive more information about their case. The courts will still be staffed to handle emergency matters.
- If you are awaiting placement with a volunteer attorney, rest assured that we are continuing to process your application to match you with an MVLS volunteer or staff attorney.
- If you are already working with a volunteer attorney, please contact them with any questions.
- Please note that while the courts are closed to the public, some cases will continue as scheduled. This is why it’s important to check in with the court and your attorney.
- If you need help with legal advice, contact the Maryland Courts Self-Help Center at (410) 260-1392, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Updates For Volunteers
- The Maryland courts have closed the courts to most, but not all judicial matters. Read more about the Maryland court closures (March 16 – June 5).
- If you have an open case, please reach out to your client to answer any questions or concerns.
- During this work from home time, you can continue to reach your MVLS staff member through their email address or phone number.
- All volunteer trainings will continue via our virtual platform.
- If you are willing to take a case, please visit our Pro Bono Portal. We expect to see a significant rise in the number of cases related to foreclosure, medical debt, tax sale, and water bill issues.
Updates For Supporters
We are assessing all MVLS events to determine how they will be executed or when they will be rescheduled. We will communicate this information to you through emails, our website, and social media.
Please continue to contact us at (410) 539-6800 if you have any questions and keep visiting our website (www.mvlslaw.org) and social media pages for more information. You can find us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Stay healthy and continue to take every step toward social distancing.