As Maryland Electronic Courts (MDEC) begins to be implemented in more counties, MVLS has started receiving questions about how to electronically file the filing fee waiver for an MVLS client. Currently, MDEC is operational in Anne Arundel, Caroline, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot counties. When MDEC launches in a county, attorneys are required to utilize e-filing instead of paper submissions.
To file a filing fee waiver through e-filing, it requires that the attorney set up a second payment form on their account. Below are the steps to do that.
- Select “Filer Dashboard”
- Click “Actions” drop down menu from the right-side of the page
- Select “Payment Accounts”
- On the “Payment Accounts” page, select “Add Payment Account”
6. Under “Payment Account Name” please enter “MLSC Waiver”
- Under “Payment Account Type,” select “Waiver”
- The new payment account is created and available for e-filing
This is the payment account you will select any time you are filing a MVLS case. If you have any questions or experience any issues with the filing fee waiver, please contact Susan Francis at email@example.com or 443-451-4084.