The law firm Ober|Kaler announced on 2/29/2012 that the firm’s Project HEAL Pro Bono initiative was selected as one of the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) 2011 Pro Bono Champions.
Launched this year, the Pro Bono Champions program [PDF] honors AHLA members who have contributed at least fifty hours per year to pro bono work in the health care field and provided services involving one of the following criteria:
• Dedication to the delivery of health law legal services to the poor through a pro bono program
• Pro bono legal services to satisfy previously unmet health needs or to extend health services or coverage to underserved, uninsured or underinsured segments of the population
• Pro bono litigation to improve or expand access of individuals or vulnerable populations to health services or health coverage
• Pro bono legal work on behalf of a charitable organization with a mission to improve health outcomes; promote wellness; address the health care or legal needs of the ill, the poor, the uninsured or the underinsured; or promote other similar health care related purposes
• Developing innovative approaches to the delivery of pro bono legal services in health care
• Pro bono legal work to achieve legislativeor regulatory actions improving health care delivery, access to care or promotion of health. Read More»