Are you ready to join MVLS…
in its mission to provide quality legal services that help low-income Marylanders? There are so many ways you can help.
My volunteer attorney gave me strength to keep pushing to do what was best for my children and was a never ending resource for me in addition to all the hard work she put in preparing my divorce. I cannot say enough about grateful I am to her for her dedication, professionalism, compassion, knowledge and wisdom.
What you offer is priceless. It allowed someone like me who had been challenged by life an avenue to adequately fight back.
First I would like to say my volunteer attorney and staff was great! They helped me through the whole process in a very professional manner. I can’t thank the MVLS enough for all you have done to get my life back on track.
You have no idea how much you helped me. I had given up. I thought because they were so big and I was so small I could never win.
I am able to move forward with my life and pursue dreams that weren’t possible. My volunteer attorney showed great concern for me. He showed outstanding legal representation. Thanks a bunch!
There are a variety of ways to provide legal services to MVLS clients.
- Provide full representation in a wide variety of civil legal matters including family, foreclosure, landlord-tenant, consumer, bankruptcy, name change, guardianship, estate planning and administration, wage claims, school suspension, public benefits, expungements, and more.
- Participate in a variety of brief advice legal clinics MVLS regularly hosts.
- Serve as a mentor to a new volunteer or an attorney to a particular field in which you have expertise.
Current volunteers: See what cases are available today
New volunteers: Complete a volunteer application. You’ll be able to choose your preferences for legal issue and county.
Law School and Paralegal Students
Apply for an MVLS internship here.
Volunteer Tax Representative
Apply to join MVLS’ panel of volunteer tax representative here.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Office Volunteers: MVLS has a need for basic office assistance – data entry, scanning documents, and other administrative tasks. For more information please contact Susan Francis, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-451-4084.
- Interpreters or Translators: Do you speak a foreign language and are willing to help us translate important legal documents? We can use your talents! For more information please contact Susan Francis, Deputy Director, at email@example.com or 443-451-4084.
- Special Events Volunteers: MVLS has at least two major events each year – March Madness in the spring and Celebrate Pro Bono in the fall. If you’d like to assist with the planning and day of activities of these events, please contact Kim Lennon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-451-4065.
MVLS’ life-changing work in our community is only made possible because of our generous donors. There are so many ways to support MVLS – with an annual gift, a monthly donation, a corporate sponsorship of an event, a bequest, and more.